The 14-inch XE laptop is fast, energy efficient, and ultra-portable. Blaze through big jobs and many open apps with its excellent per-core performance and large high-speed memory capacity. Like all Focus systems, it saves you time every day with carefully curated software, helpful tools, and Linux-first support.
The XE features the 11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 Tiger Lake-UP3 processor in its most powerful 28 Watt configuration. This 4-core, 8-thread CPU has a base frequency of 2.8 GHz and a maximum turbo boot of 4.7 GHz.
Apps load and run noticeably faster thanks to outstanding single-threaded performance and 3200 MHz RAM, while the high-efficiency 10 nm SuperFin process results in up to 6 hours of typical battery life.
Iris Xe Graphics are up to 3x faster than the prior-generation Intel integrated graphics. Performance is excelent for development, DevOps, most content creation, and - with modest quality settings - even lighter games like Dota 2, CS:GO, or Minecraft.
If you need ultimate GPU capabilities for visualization, deep learning, or games, we recommend the Focus M2. However, if your GPU needs are more modest, you should be very pleased with the XE.
The XE is designed to get things done without drama or dongles. Communicate using the latest protocols. Connect to almost any peripheral or camera card. Enjoy a large, centered clickpad with a durable and responsive keyboard.
Whether you’re at home, at work, or on the road, connect the way that best suits your needs using the latest Wi-Fi, Ethernet, and Bluetooth technologies. Communicating has never been faster or easier.
The Thunderbolt 4 port allows one to use high bandwidth peripherals that were previously impossible on a laptop. For example, add an eGPU enclosure to run deep learning or rendering tasks on an external GPU.
The Focus XE provides all the high-speed ports you need without expensive dongles or docks. Connect up to 3 external 4K displays at once. Use a full Gigabit Ethernet port for simplicity or when you need the ultimate connection speed and reliability. Read camera cards and plug in your headset without drama.
Backlight your keys at 6 levels of intensity. Type quickly and accurately with reliable scissor mechanism with 4 mm of travel. Use 2 and 3-finger gestures on the spacious and large clickpad to effortlessly tap, scroll, and coast through documents.
All Focus systems are benchmarked extensively and optimized for compatibility and performance. Detailed results are shown below, so you may compare to your device or others.
The Willow Cove cores provide some of the best single-core scores available in a consumer product. As a result, the XE loads and runs apps noticeably quicker than most other systems.
The Intel Core i7-1165G7 processor uses a 10 nm SuperFin process which is comparable to TSMC 7 nm and is very efficient. Highly threaded tasks scale well thanks to the 12 MB Smart Cache. If you need to run heavily threaded tasks frequently, please consider the M2 which features a processor with double the number of cores.
The Iris Xe Graphics are around 3x faster than the prior-generation Intel integrated graphics. App performance is very good for development, content creation, and DevOps. Even mid-level games such as Dota 2, CS:GO, and Minecraft, perform well with modest quality settings. Consider the Focus M2 if you require more substantial GPU power.
|Benchmark||XE Iris Xe Graphics||M2 RTX 3080 MaxQ||M2 RTX 3070 MaxQ||M2 RTX 3060 MaxQ|
|T-Rex, Gfxbench GL||349||1,761||1,690||1,526|
|Car Chase, Gfxbench GL||90||439||401||365|
|Unigine Heaven 4|
|Unigine Heaven 4|
|Basemark GPU 1.2.3|
|Basemark GPU 1.2.3|
All benchmarks were run on AC power and in High Performance mode. Compositing was disabled using the
SUPER+f12 shortcut. Maximum fan volume was 48dB two feet from screen center.
GFXBench tests were run at 1080p offscreen. Unigine Heaven Ultra settings include Ultra preset, 1080p, normal tessellation, and 8x anti-aliasing. Unigine Heaven Medium settings include Medium preset, 1080p, normal tessellation, and 2x anti-aliasing. Basemark settings use high content quality and bc7 compression at 1080p (1,920×1,080).
All results show average FPS and Score. If a separate score is not provided by the benchmark, then FPS alone is shown.
Blender benefits from powerful discrete GPUs and a CPUs with more than 4 cores. The XE is not a good choice if Blender rending is a significant part of your workflow. Instead, consider the Focus M2 or adding an eGPU if you need this work done rapidly. The XE should work fine, however, for occassional or simple rendering tasks.
|XE Iris Xe Graphics||M2 RTX 3080 MaxQ||M2 RTX 3070 MaxQ||M2 RTX 3060 MaxQ|
|Total Time 2.90[1,2,3,4]||82.17 min||7.37 min||7.92 min||9.90 min|
|Video RAM||Shared||16 GB||8 GB||6 GB|
|Power||50 Watts||80 Watts||80 Watts||60 Watts|
We try to provide all the details you need to decide if the XE is right for you. If you have any questions, please call 844-536-2871 or write TellMeMore@kfocus.org.
● 14.0” (356mm) Full-HD IPS 120Hz
● 1920 x 1080 Resolution
● 120Hz Refresh Rate (2.0x Standard)
● LED Backlight
● Anti-Glare Coating (Matte)
● View angles of 89/89/89°
● Open angle of 140°
● Color > 90% sRGB and > 72% NTSC
● Max Brightness > 300cd/m²
● Max Contrast > 1200:1
● Connect up to 4 concurrent displays: three external and the laptop panel. A single 3840 x 2160 (4K) display @30 Hz can connect to the HDMI 1.4b port. Up to two 3840 x 2160 (4K) displays @60Hz can connect using DisplayPort 1.4a through the USB-C Thunderbolt 4 port.
11th Generations Intel Core i7-1165G7
11th Generations Intel Core i5-1155G7
i7 integrated Intel Iris Xe Graphics G7
i5 integrated Intel Iris Xe Graphics G7
Up to 64 GB Dual Channel DDR4 3200 MHz SoDIMM
● 1 x M.2 2280 NVMe PCIe Gen4x4
● Samsung 3,500 / 2,700 MBps Sequential Read / Write
● Over 5x Faster than Standard Evo 860 Pro SSD
● Aluminum top and keyboard deck
● Cool plastic bottom and screen bezel
● Cool and light plastic bottom and screen bezel
● 3.2 lbs (1.45 kg) with battery
● 12.8 x 8.9 x .69 in (325 x 225 x 17.6 mm)
● User accessible components (storage, memory, wi-fi, fans) with 12 standard Phillips case screws
● 49 Wh Li-ION Battery
● Up To 6 Hours Typical Use with Medium Display Brightness
● FlexiCharger Battery Optimization Available in BIOS
65 Watt Mini Power Supply AC
Power may optionally be provided through USB charging on Thunderbolt 4 port
Use FlexiCharger BIOS option to maximize battery life for laptops frequently plugged-in for long periods
● Single Zone White LED Backlight
● User Configurable Intensity with Function Keys
● Kubuntu Super Key
● Numpad Mode Available using FN key
|NETWORK AND BLUETOOTH|
● Built-in Gigabit RJ-45 Ethernet LAN (10/100/1000 Mbps)
● Intel Dual Band Wi-Fi 6 AX 200, M.2 2230 Card
Large, centered click pad with multi-finger gestures, coast, and scroll
● 1.0 MegaPixel HD 720p (1280 x 720)
● Top-Center Mounted
● Integrated microphone array
● Physical Security Shutter
● 2 x 2 W Speakers
● High Definition Audio
● Integrated Array Microphone with Noise Supression
● 1 x Thunderbolt 4 USB-C 4.0 Gen 3x2 (DisplayPort 1.4a, Power Delivery DC-IN 25 V/3.25 A )
● 2 x USB-A 3.2 Gen1
● 1 x USB-C 3.2 Gen2 (no DisplayPort or DC-IN)
● 1 x HDMI 1.4b (with HDCP)
● 1 x 2-in-1 Audio Jack - Headphone and Microphone
● 1 x RJ-45 Built-in Gigabit Ethernet LAN (10/100/1000 Mbps)
● 1 x Kensington Lock
● 1 x 6-in-1 Card Reader (MMC / RSMMC / SD / mini SD / SDHC / SDXC)
● 1 x DC-IN Power Connection
|SLOTS AND EXPANSION|
2 x M.2 Card Slots
Other Expansion Opportunities
Two fans cool with heat pipes. Near-silent in typical office, content creation, and development use. Reduce power draw and fan noise by setting power level to low:
● Kensington Lock Mount
● Optional No-Cost Full Disk Encryption
● Optional Pre-Configured YubiKey 5 NFC 2FA
● Optional BIOS Disable TPM 2.0 chip
One- or Two-Year Limited Warranty with Linux-First IT Support