Few thin and light laptops outperform the M2, and it makes quick work of the most demanding tasks. Run GPU-accelerated AI immediately with the included Deep Learning Suite. Cut TensorFlow jobs from 8 hours to less than 15 minutes. Render Blender scenes 10x faster with NVIDIA RTX Optix. All this with All with unmatched Linux-first optimization and support.
The 8-core, 16-thread i7-10870H CPU is a true powerhouse, performing similar to the famous Core i9-9900K. And, thanks to superior cooling and 2933 MHz memory, it out-performs the i7-10870H Geekbench 5 average by 16%. It also surpasses the prior generation M1 performance by up to 42%.
Get amazing performance and features with NVIDIA’s® series of GeForce® RTX graphics card featuring Ampere™ architecture. Whether gaming, rendering, or running deep learning models the ray-tracing and tensor cores provide cutting-edge mobile performance.
Enjoy simple beauty without sacrificing performance. All exterior surfaces are an aluminum alloy with a resin screen bezel. Cooling is exceptional, wireless and bluetooth use the latest and fastest standards, and high-speed ports are plentiful. The keyboard and trackpad are a joy to use, and the screen is sharp, bright, and colorful.
Whether you’re at home, at work, or on the road, connect the way that best suits your needs using the latest Wi-Fi, Ethernet, and Bluetooth technologies. Communicating has never been faster or easier.
The Thunderbolt 3 port allows one to use high bandwidth peripherals that were previously impossible on a laptop. For example, add an enclosure to run deep learning or rendering tasks on an external GPU.
Get all the high-speed ports you need without expensive dongles or docks. Connect two 4K monitors with HDMI and Mini DisplayPort, an external GPU with Thunderbolt 3, and three USB peripherals. All at once.
Light your keys with one of 65,536 colors at any levels of intensity. Type quickly and accurately with reliable scissor mechanism with 4 mm of travel. Use 2- and 3-finger gestures to effortlessly tap, scroll, and coast through documents with the highly configurable glass Synaptics trackpad.
Tackle high-speed games on a 15.6-inch IPS display with a 144Hz refresh rate and a 5ms response time. Entertain your friends with wide viewing angles and high dynamic range stereo speakers. Join meetings with zero setup thanks to the integrated noise-canceling microphones and HD webcam.
All Focus systems are benchmarked extensively and optimized for compatibility and performance. Detailed results are shown below, so you may compare to your device or others.
Start running GPU-accelerated AI immediately with the Focus Deep Learning Suite. It installs and tests Anaconda, TensorFlow GPU, PyTorch GPU, Jupyter Notebook GPU, MXNet GPU, and Theano. We ensure the CUDA, cuDNN, and TensorRT libraries you need are always installed, upgraded, and tested.
|Results||RTX 3080 MaxQ||RTX 3070 MaxQ||RTX 3060 MaxQ||Titan XP W10|
|Video RAM||16 GB||8 GB||6 GB||12 GB|
Get results up to 30 times faster than popular Unix® laptops that do not offer NVIDIA RTX yet cost far more. Develop with industry-standard PyCharm IDE from the installed JetBrains Toolbox.
 See official comparison chart
 Kubuntu Focus M2, 2.0 kg, 20 mm thick
 Desktop GPU
The RTX 3080 Focus M2 is faster than 95% of devices tested including proprietary Unix® laptops that cost twice as much. The OptiX backend is available only with NVIDIA RTX GPUs and is 2x faster than CUDA and 4-12x faster than OpenCL or CPU rendering. It is also more stable.
|RTX 3080 MaxQ||RTX 3070 MaxQ||RTX 3060 MaxQ|
|Total Time 2.90[4,5,6]||7.37 min||7.92 min||9.90 min|
|Video RAM||16 GB||8 GB||6 GB|
|Power||80 Watts||80 Watts||60 Watts|
The 8-core, 16-thread i7-10870H CPU is a true powerhouse. Thanks to superior cooling and 2933 MHz memory, it out-performs the Geekbench 5 average by 16% / 17% (single-core / multi-core). It also surpasses the prior generation Focus M1 i7-9750H 4.5 GHz CPU by 18% / 42%  and the Geekbench 5 average by 36% / 67% .
Few laptops have the graphical capabilities of the Focus M2. Even the RTX 3060 runs most of the games tested well over 60 FPS on High or Ultra settings. The 8 GB 3070 and 16 GB 3080 really shine when you require more video RAM for Deep Learning, 4K games, 3D rendering, or similar applications.
|Benchmark||RTX 3080 MaxQ||RTX 3070 MaxQ||RTX 3060 MaxQ|
|T-Rex, Gfxbench GL||1,761||1,690||1,526|
|Car Chase, Gfxbench GL||439||401||365|
|Unigine Heaven 4|
|Unigine Heaven 4|
|Basemark GPU 1.2.3|
|Basemark GPU 1.2.3|
All benchmarks were run on AC power and in High Performance mode. Compositing was disabled using the
SUPER+f12 shortcut. Maximum GPU temperature was 73° C and maximum fan volume was 42 dB two feet from screen center.
GFXBench tests were run at 1080p offscreen. Unigine Heaven Ultra settings include Ultra preset, 1080p, normal tessellation, and 8x anti-aliasing. Unigine Heaven Medium settings include Medium preset, 1080p, normal tessellation, and 2x anti-aliasing. Basemark settings use high content quality and bc7 compression at 4k (3,840×2,160).
All results show average FPS and Score. If a separate score is not provided by the benchmark, then FPS alone is shown.
We try to provide all the details you need to decide if the XE is right for you. If you have any questions, please call 844-536-2871 or write TellMeMore@kfocus.org.
● 15.6” (396 mm) Full-HD IPS
● 1920 x 1080 Resolution
● 144Hz Refresh Rate (2.4x Standard)
● Anti-Glare Coating (Matte)
● View angles of > 150/150/150°
● Color > 90% sRGB and > 72% NTSC
● Max Brightness > 330cd/m²
● Max Contrast > 850:1
● Panels from AUO B156HAN08.0 / LG LP156WFG-SPB3
● Connext up to 4 concurrent display: three externel and the laptop panel. A single 3840 x 2160 (4k) display @ 60Hz can connect to the HDMI port, one using miniDP, and one using Thunderbolt 4.
10th Generation Intel Core i7-10870H Processor
Every M2 contains both a discrete GPU (dGPU) and an integrated GPU (iGPU)
Up to 64 GB Dual Channel DDR4 2933 or 3200 MHz SoDIMM
● 2 x M.2 2280 NVMe/PCIe Gen3x4
● Samsung 3,500 / 2,700 MBps Sequential Read / Write
● Over 5x faster than standard Evo 860 Pro SSD
● All aluminum alloy external surfaces
● Resin screen bezel
● 14.1 x 9.4 x .78 in (357.5 x 238 x 19.8mm)
● 4.4 lbs (2.3 kg) with battery
● User accessible components (storage, memory, wi-fi, fans) with standard Phillips case screws
● 73 Wh Embedded Polymer Battery Pack
● Up to 6.5 hr Typical Use on iGPU with Medium Display Brightness
● Up to 3.5 hr Typical Use on dGPU
● FlexiCharger Battery Optimization Available in BIOS
180 Watt Power Supply AC
● Multi-Color, Single Zone Full Size Keyboard
● User Configurable Intensity with Function Keys
● Kubuntu Super Key
● Numeric Keypad
|NETWORK AND BLUETOOTH|
Built-in Gigabit RJ-45 Ethernet LAN (10/100/1000 Mbps)
Intel Dual Band Wi-Fi 6 AX 200, M.2 2230 Card
Two button, Glass Synaptics, pressure sensitive, with multi-gesture and scroll
● 1.0 MegaPixel HD 720p (1280 x 720)
● Top-Center Mounted
● Integrated microphone array
● Physical Security Shutter
● 2 x 2 W Speakers
● High Definition Audio
● S/PDIF Digital Output
● Integrated Array Microphone with Noise Supression
● 1 x Thunderbolt 3 / USB-C (Does NOT support USB-C charging)
● 3 x USB-A 3.2 Gen 1 Ports (1 x Powered USB, AC/DC)
● 1 x HDMI Output Port (with HDCP)
● 1 x Mini DisplayPort 1.4
● 1 x Kensington Lock
● 1 x 6-in-1 UHS-II-Cardreader (microSD/-SDHC/-SDXC)
● 1 x 2-in-1 Audio Jack (Microphone / S/PDIF Optical output)
● 1 x 2-in-1 Audio Jack (Headphone / Microphone)
● 1 x RJ-45 Built-in Gigabit Ethernet LAN (10/100/1000 Mbps)
● 1 x 6-in-1 Card Reader (MMC / RSMMC / SD / mini SD / SDHC / SDXC)
● 1 x DC-IN Power Connector
|SLOTS AND EXPANSION|
3 x M.2 Card Slots
Other Expansion Opportunities
Two fans cool with heat pipes. Near-silent in typical office, content creation, and development use. Reduce power draw and fan noise by setting power level to low:
● Kensington Lock Mount
● Optional No-Cost Full Disk Encryption
● Optional Pre-Configured YubiKey 5 NFC 2FA
● Optional BIOS Disable TPM 2.0 chip
One- or Two-Year Limited Warranty with Linux-First IT Support